This is my first blog. I'm not a writer. I'm a SAHM, which most days I love. I don't know if anyone will enjoy my blog. I don't see my life as very interesting. So, this is for me. A way to work through my thoughts. A way to try and make sense of things as I try to make my life better.
I find it easy to get caught up in kids, stuff around the house and yard, and hard to get out and meet people. I live in Utah and consider myself non-Mormon (although I was raised in "the church"). Add to that, I'm shy. What does that equal? Yep you guessed it not a lot of friends & most of those are really my hubby's friends. I get fed up with people who only befriend me to convert me. I've been there, have the garments I no longer wear to prove it. I looked too deep below the surface & accidentally researched my way right out of the church. I'm not anti Mormon, I don't think, but I'm happy the way I am. I don't think I'm a bad person. I have much of the same values I did when I was LDS. The way I look at it I have widened my view, its a nice view. I'm more understanding than I was before. I see the other side now, the one where you won't let your kids play with mine cause you haven't seen us a church. The one where all you can talk and think about is church approved. It gets boring fast.
I've set a goal for myself. Today I publicly announce it. There have to be other women out there like me. Its my mission to find them & maybe make a friend or two. We just lay low here in Utah so no one will hurt our kids and exclude them. We dress like we have garments on even though all you'll find under our clothes is victoria secret on a good day or hanes her way most days. We keep our head down as we drive though Beans and Brew for a frappacino and tell anyone we know who sees us how we just love hot chocolate. We know what time church starts on Sunday, no so we can attend, but that's the best time to mow our lawns on the weekend.
Wish me luck,I wonder if I may be seeking the impossible.
5 comments:
I am active LDS but I don't feel I fit in to the mold. I wouldn't befriend you just to convert you. You seem to be a sweet person. I have a good friend who lives in Herriman, she'd be your friend too! Keep twittering!
I live in Riverton we should get together! Sometimes I think that if I wasn't lds I would fit in better. No one on my street is which is totally fine with me but refuse to talk to us, look at us, I guess in fear of thinking we want to convert them or convert them back :) Which I don't have any need or want to do. Religion is a very personal thing to me and I don't really talk about it to much. I am not really open about it bc of all of the unfair generalizations that come with it. They hurt. So anywho you should join us on our nature days and if you have a toddler you could join our art group!
-Vanessa (inevergrewup.net)
GIRLFREND! You are SO not hoping for the impossible. I'm here! You knew me for...um..how long? Lots of years and I have never been, nor will never be Mormon. Not because I don't like Mormons, infact I know several who are very nice and wonderful! But...there is something to be said about someone who looks down their nose at me because I relax with a glass of wine, brw my own beer, and DAMNIT I swear a little! But...I also volunteer at my kids school "religiously" (lol...pun definitly intended) and I am a good mom. My kids are happy. My husband is happy (he grew up LDS and is not active now). So my point in this is I knew you when you were Mormon, I know you when you're not. AND I STILL LOVE YOU!
Nice first blog and I do find you interesting... keep writing!
I think you are my new best friend!
I don't know how you found me on Twitter...maybe from Twittermoms but I am soooo glad you did.
@connieaw
Post a Comment